- 30mm 1 1/2 Ton ball joints designed specifically for the JL.
- Cold-headed medium carbon alloy steel ball studs provide incredible impact toughness for extreme duty usage.
- Induction heat-treated ball studs provide ultimate fatigue strength and superior off-road durability.
- Steel on steel bearings provide exceptional ball joint wear resistance and robustness.
- High-quality seals ensure long ball joint life; seals have been rigorously tested to minimize leakage between grease service intervals which greatly improves ball joint reliability.
- Fully greaseable.
TIE ROD ENDS:
- Powder coat over E-coat for a long-lasting appearance under harsh conditions.
- External threads are e-coated for durability and long-term serviceability.
- Forged from medium carbon high hardenability steel and heat-treated for even greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Large 1 ¼ inch rolled threads at tie rod adjuster and draglink ends provide significantly increased strength over the original equipment threads.
- Unique “Reverse Pin” technology prevents linkage from flopping or rocking. This technology is built into the socket unlike the weak external supports on some linkages.
- Tie Rod adjuster is manufactured from large diameter ¼ inch thick wall high strength 4130 Chromoly steel tubing for maximum buckling strength.
- Adjuster clamps assure proper clamp force using conventional tools without the possible risk of loosening like large jam nuts.
- Designed with right-hand and left-hand threads for quick and easy adjustment once installed on the vehicle.
- Internal threads and tubes are also e-coated for long-term serviceability.
TORQUE SPECS: Clamps need to be torqued to 80-85 ft-lbs and should be oriented so that they do not interfere with anything else (generally facing forward or down). Clamp torque needs to be checked at 500 miles, and then again at 2000 miles. After that, every oil change the torque specs should be checked as well as after any hard wheeling/off-roading.
* Tie Rod fits all left-hand drive JL Wrangler models 2018+ including Rubicon and requires a 1 5/8" diameter damper bracket that is not included.
Note: A minimum of 17” wheels is recommended.